Sunday, October 09, 2005

Viva Las Vegas...

Let's see, we stayed at New York New York
Day 1, after unpacking we went to Jimmy Buffet's MargaritiaVille for tropical drinks and dinner. My folks drove up for a little while. After they left we went to "Coyote Ugly" (it was an expensive waste of time). After that it was time for some sleep.

Day 2, we went walking around the strip and trying to get some things set up for april (the friends i went with are spending their 5th anniversary in vegas - where they go married). After the roaming around we went back to the hotel to take a break. Our evening plans were find the cigar bar at The Paris. We finally found "Napoleon". Very nice! My friend Chris and each had a very tasty Monticristo cigar and Oban (scotch) his wife had red wine. We spent most of the night there listening to the "by request" dueling pianos. It was the most relaxed I have been in very long time. I think you would have enjoyed it. Once the cigars were done we walked around a little more to see what was going on - the "hot spot" clubs had lines or were too packed (or way too many guys for my liking) so we went back to NYNY and had 3am breakfast and went to sleep.

Day 3, I slept late (8am-ish). Check out was at 11am, I got packed and went to checkout. While I waited for my friends I won (back) a couple of hundred. My folks came back up and we had lunch at ESPN (my treat - lol) and spent some time at the MGM playing the slots (to kill some time) and the drove over to Old Vegas for a look at what doin' over there. It was good to see my folks. They worry about me too much - but if they didn't care they wouldn't bother. I walked around with my pop and we talked and just enjoyed our limited father/son time. Then it was time to hit the road and fly the friendly skies back home.

It wasn't the most eventful "micro vacation" but it was a long overdue break for me. Some personal companionship would have been great but you can't always get what you want... (lol). Overall, it was a good trip.

I'm home now, back to the grind. But with a little less stress on my shoulders (for now that is)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home