Monday, May 31, 2010

Time to pause and reflect...

As the Memorial Day weekend comes to a close, I look back at the time off and realize what has past and what is to come. Not only for the weekend but for quite some time in my life. 

I've spent some time with women but my needs and wants are never truely met. I'm a selfish man, though I've tried to grow and change my ways with regards to my relationships with women. I've given both monetarily and emotionally (as much as I am capable) and it still leaves me sitting here alone.

What the future holds is unknown. I don't know what I want or how to get it... but I'll drone on upon that topic at some other point.

In the near future, this Sunday, my niece is graduating from High School. I couldn't be more proud of her if she was my own daughter. I've known her and loved her since she came into my life. She's grown up to be a fine young woman and a very talented artist. I will be honored if I am called upon for encouragement, guidence & experience. Should I ever be blessed to have children I'd be lucky to have them be half the person she has been raised to be. 

Again, what the future holds is unknown. But even though I don't always know what I can do for myself, I do know that I can be there for those that I care about. In this life, it's the least I can do. 

Peace...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home