Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2 Arguments with in 1 hour...

It's snowed on in the city today. Because you never know how it's going to shut the city down when snow happens you get supplies.

So after work I get to the store to get food and beer. (it's just not snow storm shopping unless you get some form of alcohol). When I get back to the bus stop a woman starts a conversation regarding the traffice and the city's snow prep of the roads which lead to a conversation about my job at a horse racing track. Having explained to her my job she kept asking about how the horses were treated, and started making very broad assumptions of how the horsed were treated, jumping to huge conclusions that our vets didn't care about the health of the horses as well as other opinionated and ill informed assumptions. From my point of the conversation there was no winning of the argument as my job isn't a hand on with the animals but I've seen enough to know that these animals are treated better than a lot of people. Her attitude was that i wasn't allowed or privilaged enough to know "the truth" (condisending cunt).  But since she's never been to the track she has choosen to believe the hype of organizations like PETA. I tried to state my piece but in the end I ended the conversation telling her she has the right to her opinion then walked 2 blocks to a different bus stop.  (I really don't need the unnecessary drama) 

But, once I get to the other stop and under a shelter a black man arrives and asks about the busses. I tell him that when I last checked 10minutes ago the busses were 10minutes away, now (10minutes later) it says that they're 9minutes away.  He was friendly, very cool. Then an older black man arrives asking for a smoke. As I don't smoke I couldn't give him one. He then starts a conversaton saying that the younger generation has it harder than he had it. The other man says that "they" had it harder. Eventually I stop them both and say it's not harder for either... it's just different. 

This for some reason turns into a special time for the other younger black man to proclaim his knowledge of the bible and that he was going to spell it out for the older black man. At which point I zone out. This goes on for another 10-15minutes. Two black men arguing over who knows the best way to understand the bible and know what God has to say.  UGH! Talk about a waste of time.

I can't say that I've never been happier to see a bus but this was in the top 10! Once the bus arrived I jumped on and enjoyed the slow ride home. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home