Sunday, December 20, 2009

I think I understand my boss a little better now...

It's a rare Sunday off from work, so I'm doing the laundry I should've done yesterday and I'm watching Netflix selections. My choice for the day is the show No Reservations. The first episode is "Paris". Anthony Bourdain's trip through Paris and enlightening us on what the French have known for centuries. That is life is to be lived, food is to be enjoyed and savored. That we (Americans) simply don't take the time to pause and savor that which is right in front of us. Which brings me to the point of my title.

My boss loves food! He enjoys going to little fooderies he's heard of, or read in the paper. He loves cured meats. He loves candies. And he shares it with everyone... He will take the time in the middle of the day to go try pizza at some hole in the wall, or take orders for a Starbucks run or call from a Dairy Queen for what flavor of Blizzard I want. Is this man fucking nuts? Has he lost his grip on his position at work? Is he poisioning us so he can get a new crew?!?!?

No... he's young and still loves life. He still loves to experience "the new". It's great to be around people like that. To be in my 20's again, eager to succeed and prove myself to the world, eager to try new experiences. Will to take chances on a whim. 

Maybe some of that enthusiasm will rub off on me and i'll start trying to live again... one can hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home