Wednesday, October 07, 2009

The previous generation is starting to go...

It's 5:53am. As I rush back to my iPhone to turn off the alarm I see that there was a call and a message since I went to sleep. From my aunt Teri. She had a heart attack (her second or third). She's a very large woman, always has been, at least since I was been a kid. But this heart attack pretty much kicks off the season of death for me. Last year my great-grand mother and grand father died and 2 years prior my grand mother passed away, all during this "holiday season". 

This doesn't bode well for the family. We're already split apart and unwilling to get together for anything other than a wedding or funeral. We have no center or common ground anymore. Big Momma was that center for us all but people also walked all over her, took advantage of her ignorance, hell they even just stole from her but she was the center. Though my aunt Teri may want to be the center there are too many others jockeying for position. Her loss to the family leaves her husband, son and grand children in the ether and possibly with out focus, without their center. I don't know... I'm worried that the next heart attack will be her last unless she drops a large amount of her bulk. 

Even though I'm not the most attentive family member, I would miss her very much. She's been a great part of my life growing up...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home