Monday, July 08, 2013

Then and Now...

It has been a little while since I've thrown my thoughts on this blog. Life has a way of making your deal with the now, instead of dwelling on the what could have been.

The woman who had my heart, broke it...
That took time to wrap my head around the fact that things were not mutual, though I was told the opposite and I should have read the actions (or lack of action). But my life has continued. The late great Richard Pryor once say, being in love will break your heart… and make you fat. Since I'm already a plump man all that was left was the heart break.

And now it's back to life...
There are others that may want my attentions and affections. To them I will give what I can, make them feel like the only woman in the world while they are physically there with me. Give my all to please them. It seems to be the only thing that I've ever really been naturally good at doing. Everything else has been a learned process (by error or example). 

Live goes on...
The daily grind has not ceased. In fact it has increased and is my reason for focus. Ya can't worry about love when you still gotta keep the lights on. 

Maybe the others aren't so far away...
I ventured forth and was semi-social this weakend. Met a few people. Some were even women. One even seemed to like me a little. All hope is not lost - sometimes it's just hard to find.

I guess the closing thought for this post is just this: Live your life. The ups will tend to be high and when the downs come you'll feel like the lowest person on the planet. So climb out of your hole, breathe some clean air, dust yourself off and do it all over again. It's life. Make of it what you will. Don't have too many regrets and don't be afraid of new or different stuff and people. Don't be afraid to love or to share yourself with another person. You could surprise yourself. Pain is temporary. Life is limited. Live your life!

Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home