Tuesday, November 19, 2013

I just don't understand...

I realize that I can hold on to hope for a while too long. That I linger in the emotions I have for another longer than I should, even after having been kicked to the curb more than once. Always hoping that there's still a chance for rekindling what once was. 

But how am I supposed to get past a former lover when they dangle the carrot or possibility in front of me? When they fein saddness and remorse for actions I've taken to not be remined of them everyday, even after they've thrown in my face, that our time has passed and that it will not happen again? I don't understand.

I know my limitations and what I have to offer, it's not much. I have a strong work ethic. I don't go out looking for new poon. I will always do what I can for you if you are a part of my life. And if I love you, I will love you with every cell in my body.  That's what I offer. If that's not enough then I'm not the man for you. 

And once you've told me that, why would you expect me to keep lingering on the dream? To keep hoping against hope that you will return to me? Again, I don't understand.

If you want me you know where I am.
No more lies. No more broken promises. No more hiding. You cut me loose once and it broke my heart and crushed a part of my soul. I won't let you do that again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home