Thursday, April 30, 2020

The passing of my aunts...

Terri, Dee...
We haven't been close or even talked over the past years. The sins of the past, growing up, living a life had all gotten in the way of us (of me) being / acting like the family that we should have been.

I always loved you, but I guess that I just didn't like you or want to be around you. The pettiness that flows through the family has been passed down through the generations and has now come to a partial conclusion. There's no more envy or jealousy. No more fear of persecution or intolerance. No need to have false pride, or the dread of someone close leaving you. No more need to mock the past or use someones failings as a bullet point to make your argument or to shame them.

I say this because my Aunt Terri was one of the people who helped raise me.
I say this because my Aunt Dee was raised with me.
Both loved their family in their own way, but were haunted by their personal demons and used those demons to separate members of the family, to put a wedge between my brother and me.

I feel the loss and pain of their passing. During this strange time I feel it more because of the isolation everyone is under. Also because when the time for a funeral arrives I will feel even more detached from my kin than ever before.

I will remain in contact with my Uncle as I can only imagine what he is going through right now. He's the strongest man to have ever been in my life. Growing up, he was the prime example of what a man is, what a father was, and what was expected of a Guardian / Protector... and he was married to a shrew. He deserved better! If after the hurt dies down and he finds another woman to be in his life I wouldn't blame him if he never spoke to this family ever again. He. Deserves. Better! and I hope he finds it.

To those who find this blog, I hope you don't think me cruel in this time of loss. These are just the facts as I've come to know them. But please feel free to reach out and comment.

If possible, don't let the sins of the past prevent you from connecting with those you love.
Tomorrow is not promised. Let the ones you love know that you love them.

Rest in peace Aunt Terri & Aunt Dee
Love always...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home