Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Hey Mom...

Today is a special day, both good and sad.
Sad, as it has been one year since my stepmother passed away. She was beautiful and strong and I miss her every day. As I've told my father, she made us better men. I know this, he knows this, there is no doubt of that fact. We loved her and she loved us without question, without conditions. Though she lives in our hearts and memories, her passing left a hole in our life. She is missed dearly.

The good part of this day is that after many many years, I have made the final payment to my student loans. Sallie Mae can kiss my ass! Bye bye bitch! Upon looking at my bank statements, I've paid back  2 1/2 times the amount of the original loan. That is outrageous! No student should ever have to be burdened with such a debt in order to learn, and create a better life for themselves.

I could go on and on about this but I have work to do. The money I make now is mostly mine, not the student loan. I earn it, I keep it (or spend it on the good things in life).

Mom, I hope I made you proud.

peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home